The Information Security Management System (ISMS) standard covers all types of organizations (for example, commercial organizations, public institutions, non-profit organizations).
This standard covers the requirements to establish, realize, monitor, review, maintain and improve a documented ISMS in the context of all commercial risks of the organization.
It specifies the requirements for the realization of security controls customized according to the needs of independent organizations or parties.
ISMS is designed to provide adequate and proportional security controls that protect information assets and give confidence to related parties.
ISO 27001 Benefits
- Shows that your internal controls are provided independently and meets corporate governance and business continuity requirements
- Independently demonstrates compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Provides a competitive advantage by meeting contractual requirements and paying attention to the security of your customers’ information
- Independently verifies that your corporate risks are properly defined, evaluated and managed while your information security transactions, procedures and documents are being formed.
- Demonstrates your senior management’s commitment to the security of their information Regular evaluation process helps you continually monitor and improve your performance